Environmental Health & Safety Officer
The role of the EHS Officer is to implement the legislative and regulatory requirements of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act (current) and Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Applications) Regulations (current). The main thrust of these acts is to devise and implement a safe place of work and a safe system of work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Evaluate the manufacturing processes and implement effective and efficient processes which will enhance a safe system of work and a safe place of work.
- Perform the identification of Hazards and assessment of risks for each manufacturing process and other functions.
- Rate the risks in order of priority.
- Develop a Corrective and Preventative Action plan to reduce and where possible, eliminate the risks.
- Based on the risk assessment, implement the appropriate and relevant Personnel Protection Equipment (PPE) which will eliminate suck risks.
- Develop and manage the Safety Committee which will comply with the Consultation process of the law by working with Safety Representatives from the facility.
- Manage the recording of incidents and accidents and file the appropriate documentation with the authorities.
- Implement Corrective and Preventative Actions for the incidents/accidents such as to prevent recurrence.
- Perform safety audits to ensure housekeeping standards are maintained and ppe is being worn.
- Perform any other duties as required by the business.
Skills/Experience and Qualifications:
- 3rd Level qualification in an engineering field or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Health and Safety activity.
-  Excellent verbal and written communications skills
-  Excellent team player
-  Highly self motivated and ability to take initiative
-  Non confrontational approach to dealing with problems and people.
-  It is an essential working requirement to be able to speak and understand the English language.
For further information, please contact our office on 093 41932 or e-mail your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org