Production Control Manager
The Production Control Manager will contribute to increased levels of Customer Satisfaction and improved Operations Efficiency through focused Order Management methods, Cross Functional Order Issue Resolution, ATP Management, Capacity Analysis / Planning and Production Scheduling. Additionally, the PCM will assist with Sales and Operations revenue alignment by conducting regular analysis of month-to-date revenue, order backlog, at risk orders plus consideration of future orders to project end of month revenue position. The Production Control Manager will also foster data driven decision making by using Pareto and Trend Analysis along with associated Action Plans to ensure continuous improvement of On Time Delivery and reduced Lead Time.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following
- Facilitates the daily cross functional Backlog Review Meeting
o Offers recommendations to management for how to improve process and utilities
o Holds Meeting attendees accountable to tasks associated with prompt order fulfilment
o Captures nature of Exception Orders and drives improvement via Pareto & Trend Analysis
- Ensures reasons for OTD misses are logged, analysed and actioned by functional owners
- Manages ATP rules to ensure orders are consistently scheduled according to material levels and capacity
- Tracks revenue, backlog, risks and rate of incoming orders to project final revenue against target
o Migrate current Excel modelling methods to Tableau data analysis package
- Facilitates regular Sales & Ops Revenue Review & Alignment meetings
- Ensures Fulfilment Operations schedule and revenue projections are aligned
- Acts as a liaison between Fulfilment Operations and Management for Backlog / Revenue Plan vs Actuals
- Collaborate with Mfg / Industrial Engineering to establish capacity models
o Establish foundations for scheduling based on material availability and capacity
- Recommends modifications to short (overtime, temp labor, etc.) and long term staffing levels
- Participates in S&OP process and provides guidance to Supply Chain as necessary
Education / Experience, Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- BS in Business or similar with a preference for planning, operations, logistics management.
- Planning accreditations such as APICs certification in Supply Chain Management is useful
- Minimum 5 years supply chain / planning experience required
- Experience with ERP programs
- Proficient in MS Office applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
o Advanced Excel skill (pivot tables, macros, etc.) are preferred
- Familiarity with Agile PLM
- Must have a desire to provide the customer with high quality products, on time, every time.
- Understand and actively demonstrate the principles of the company customer centricity policy.