The Regional Buyer will play a pivotal role in ensuring the company exceeds Customer expectations through the delivery of best in class Procurement execution. Based at companys Europe Middle East and Africa (EMEA) Fulfillment Center in Galway city, this role is to ensure that inventory is in place to support and exceed Production configuration and Customer demands or expectations. Leading supplier management and coordinating with Buyers as appropriate to ensure alignment across regions. Acts as the key point of interface between Demand Planning, Sourcing, Supply Planning and Suppliers and effectively communicates to ensure execution of the Supply Plan. Drives OTD performance and Inventory turns improvements through Supply Chain best practice underpinned by strong professional relationships with the company Business Unit and Contract Manufacturing partners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and monitor the execution of the P2P and tactical procurement processes, in compliance with global and regional standards, in procuring materials and services for both internal and external suppliers.
- Oversee the effective delivery of end-to-end service globally ensuring the proper execution of the P2P process: from requisition handling, to PO placement and tracking, to PO changes, to PO close.
- Analyse key component/material consumption and make suitable recommendations to Demand or Supply Planning highlighting exceptions and opportunities for improvement as appropriate.
- Devise and implement strategies for buying commodities from supplier. Analyse global demands for the assigned commodities. Command proficiency in commodities and buying processes and update as required.
- Assess, evaluate and suggest reliable commodity suppliers. Implement and Advise management on purchases. Interface between suppliers and operational team on buying processes.
- Contribute towards ensuring that integration of new, replacement and obsolete products, as well as the integration of new businesses are managed using best practice business methods.
- Review and maintain data integrity on material including BOMs, Routings, Item Master and lead-times.
- Coach team members in successfully delivering procurement execution services.
- Ensure compliance with Standard Operating Procedures and Ways of Working, as documented and maintained by Procurement, Supply Planning and Demand Planning as defined by SOP&rsquos within Agile, in the delivery of all services provided.
- Ensure all activities take place in accordance with corporate policies and processes, defined governance and delegations of authority, ethics and compliance policy, as well as external laws and regulations.
- Exhibit behaviours in leading the team (in the absence of Procurement Manager) and engaging with external stakeholders.
- Team Supervision & Coaching, providing SME coaching and supervision to team members.
- Provide performance feedback on team members to team members and inform the Procurement Manager and the Global Procurement leadership, indicating areas of proficiency, opportunities for development, and areas for intervention.
- Deliver high level execution through robust planning, ongoing coaching, and effective interventions.
- Supervise team in the successful transition of activities to standard procedures and central delivery, where required.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Accounting, Business Administration or closely related field
- Professional PSCM qualification (CPSM or MCIPS or equivalent)
- 5+ years concurrent experience in a Manufacturing / Distribution Operation
- Excellent project management skills, PSCM Competencies.
- Previous experience with MRP replenishment systems is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to perform and produce results in multifunctional teams is required.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills required
- Must present a positive and cooperative attitude.
- Experience with leading projects is required certified PMP is a plus
- Must be comfortable speaking with and presenting to all levels of management
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision
- Knowledge of ISO9001 or other similar business systems
- Experience with Six Sigma and / or Lean concepts is desired.
- Ability to effectively communicate in the English language verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read and interpret technical journals, specifications, international technical standards, etc.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.
- In particular ability to manipulate data with Excel &ndash Lookup, Pivots, Concat & Macro&rsquos
- Familiar with Oracle or similar ERP system
- Familiar with Agile system or similar PLM system
For further information, please contact our office on 093 41932 or e-mail your cv to us at email@example.com