Commodity Manager &ndash Electronics
The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing the Electronics commodity for our client. The primary function of the role is to define and execute appropriate commodity strategy to support the overall divisional needs.
The role does not carry any responsibility with regards to people management. The role is to support the needs of the entire Power division.
The overall spend within this commodity is approximately £15 million per annum. There will be expectation for the successful candidate to be able to demonstrate and deliver savings of around 3% of the annual spend.
The candidate will need to be able to manage both internal and external relationships with various stakeholders.
-    To ensure that the commodity being managed has over 90% of the spend           covered by Agreements or Contracts
-    To deliver savings of 3% per annum against direct material spend within the        Electronics  Commodity.
-     Define, Elaborate and Manage the Electronics commodity strategy,                      ensuring  that  appropriate supplier panels are in place to support the                  technology requirements of the  future business.
-    Constantly analyse the supply base associated to the Electronics                       commodity  and reduce,  refine, and rationalize on an ongoing basis.
-    Ensure delivery of QBR for key and strategic suppliers. Ensure follow                 through  appropriate actions and delivery of projects as required.
-    Aggressive and professional execution of contract management to ensure           that client obtains all available value from contracts agreed.
£% saving against direct material spend
LTA/Contract coverage across the commodity.
Number of active suppliers, and the associated trend. In particular, reducing the number of suppliers delivering the top 80% of spend.
Supplier performance to meet business requirements.
Obtaining over 65% of claims issued.
-     Daily interaction with management, must be able to provide simple                      summaries of  complex information on a regular basis
-    Should be comfortable in presenting to members of the Senior Leadership         Team at  request.
-    Must be prepared to become involved in complex project groups and be the       purchasing focus point for cost reduction activities that may require                     engineering support.
-    Develop relationships with key and strategic suppliers is paramount and is         an expected part of the role.
-    Supplier panel, commodity strategy, identifying and executing plans to                 support changes  in technology, cost reduction projects, key contract                   condition negotiation.
-  Previous experience of having worked within electronics commodity.
-  Demonstrable evidence of managed or delivered savings plans.
-  Understanding of contracts and key contract conditions is a necessity.
-  Ability to manage complex situations and projects.
-  Must be a self-starter and have the ability to prioritise high and varied                 workload.
-  Must be able to negotiate both at a tactical and strategic level.
-  Ability to present complex and detailed information in a simple manner