Engineering Outsourcing Manager
This role is responsible to ensure that strategic and operational requirements of all outsourced work are identified and fulfilled by providing and managing a robust outsourcing process and maintaining strong stakeholder relationships. It will provide a single point of contact for locally & globally sourced technical and/or professional subcontracting services supporting Work Packages and Contingency Resourcing (Technical Assistance).
Manage all outsourcing needs in a consolidated & consistent manner Will manage a team of up to 5 resources
Site annual spend on Outsourcing: £9M+. Liaise with multiple internal and external stakeholders
Visits to clients site & globally-based supplier sites
- Define and develop clear Make vs Buy strategy for each engineering CoE with the CoE managers and site Head of Engineering
- Deploy and execute the agreed strategy with service providers with a clear approach to minimise Technical assist type of outsourcing &ndash migrating towards more work package type of outsourcing.
- Ensuring that the outsourcing strategy is aligned with the budget to ensure planned and actual spends match.
- Management of suppliers to include a robust governance structure for the purpose of recording operational performance as well as reviewing strategic direction and future opportunities across the site and functions.
- Facilitate, monitoring and regular reporting of supplier performance metrics using methods such as site visits, program and relationship reviews to ensure all suppliers of resource or work packages are efficiently managed, offer value for money and the right quality.
- Presenting status and clear reporting of all outsourcing activities and overall effectiveness & value for money to the Head of Engineering & the CoE managers. senior management team to support direction and on-going strategy.
- Work in conjunction with the Procurement team to develop and maintain supplier contracts, including full terms and conditions to ensure local functional requirements are properly addressed.
- Support clients in any consolidation supplier strategy to ensure the client site benefits from any volume based agreements.
- Drive continual review to suggest improvements to the cost benefit and competency effectiveness of each supplier engagement e.g. assessment of Technical Assistance v's Work Packages, supplier consolidation.
- Create and maintain standard SoW templates with &lsquohow-to-complete' guidelines, roles and responsibilities to help streamline the outsourcing process for all functions which are a customer for this process & also support creation of full SOW`s for specific activities as needed.
- Ensure suppliers' compliance with company policies and procedures. This should not be considered an exhaustive list of the duties of the position, and stretch objectives may be set,with support and training provided as appropriate.
- Outsourced tasks are delivered on time, budget and to the required quality.
- Management and administration of 3rd party resources by the business, outside of the Outsourcing team, is kept to a minimum.
- Consistent management of outsourced resources across the site.
- Regular communication to the business on Outsourcing activities.
- Adherence of outsourced resources / activities to guidelines set out by client.
Candidate skills & requirements
- Project management skills (planning, communication).
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and maintain excellent and    credible stakeholder relationships, including peers, management and customers.
- Experience working in aircraft, aerospace, electronics, software and/or other high tech industries.
- Experience with successful Outsourcing within the UK, Europe and globally.
- Specific experience in managing contractor suppliers and agencies directly.
-l Leadership and team management skills with a proactive and energetic style.
- Some travel requirement to visit suppliers as needed.
- Competent in using Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project tools.
- Ability to generate and maintain performance metrics and demonstrate their use to generate further improvements both internally and within our suppliers.