Methods are responsible for the delivery of efficient, ergonomic and robust tools and processes across all internal and outsourced operations.
Manufacturing Methods Engineers support delivery of technical and process innovation (design for manufacture/design for assembly) identifying opportunity and supporting the launch and delivery of initiatives focused on product design and internal / outsourced process capability to meet both current and future operational requirements.
- Evaluates technical challenges with support from technical experts, project engineers and operation
- Supports all internal and outsourced operations for SEPUK, supporting the sharing and development of best practice across the site and division as appropriate.
- No budget responsibility but will influence and make recommendation for capital expenditure
- Makes updates to a number of manufacturing engineering processes including SPC, PFMEA, One Shot Plans and layouts
- Develop and exe cute process improvement (effectiveness, robustness and repeatability), supporting the execution of PFMEA's (Process Failure Modes & Effects Analysis), lean manufacturing and effective industrialisation of product, tools, machinery and process utilising our clients tools and methodology
- Identifies opportunities for cost down and variation reduction activity through statistical process control (SPC) and test yield improvement activities necessary to address changes or anomalies in internal and outsourced capability
- Develop and deploy process improvement activity including the verification and qualification of new tools, machines and working practices
- Deploy maintenance and calibration strategies for key machines, tools and gauges & offering technical guidance and support to Facilities, Quality and Operations, actively participate to develop TPM requirements for plant and equipment as required
- Propose standard times for operations for review / validation by the management
- Pro-actively engage with relevant support functions when supporting process based technical investigations, problem solving, root cause analysis and corrective / preventative actions.
- At all times throughout the product life cycle facilitate and provide effective technical support of process as required
- Contribute to deployment of the Factory of the Future vision with new tools and processes targeted at improving quality, efficiency and productivity &ndash identifying opportunities for digital manufacture and automation
- Identify opportunities and support deployment of Lean manufacturing including value stream mapping (VSM) and Least Waste Way activities, identifying opportunity and leading work packages targeted at improving operational efficiency, working closely with client and where needed
- Support strategic road maps proposing capital for machines, Tooling, Gauging and Plant investment and associated processes
- Will be assigned to N PI projects to support business needs
- Process capability and efficiency managed / improved through life cycle &ndash SPC / Time tracker
- Product quality sustained &ndash first time pass yield (FTPY) and business quality targets
- Product cost managed / reduced over life cycle
- Travel specifictity as required
Candidate skills & requirements
Experience of working within a complex and dynamic component manufacturing or engineering environment with NPI and concurrent engineering experience preferred.
- Relevant qualification in mechanical, electronics or Production Engineering or equivalent experience
- Demonstrates a broad production engineering experience including cost down, design for manufacture / assembly / test techniques.
- Responsive to support investigations, process capability assessments and deliver resulting work packages
- Solid communicator and able to influence effectively at all levels through mediums including written reports and delivery of presentations
- Ability to problem solve and accurately analyse, offer concise conclusions and report findings from technical data
- Demonstrated experience of identifying and delivering business improvement initiatives
- Demonstrates a customer focused mind set (internal and external)
- Understanding of Statistical Process Control, Process FMEA's, and Lean Manufacturing preferred
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplined team to tight deadlines
- Have working knowledge of legislative requirements including REACH and HSE
- Computer Literate (MS Office)