Manage and co-ordinate Supplier relationships to realise best overall value whilst purchasing to MRP
Requirements and controlling annual spend of up to 10 million. This role shall require interaction with
Stakeholders both internal and external as part of a cross functional team.
The role will require managing the purchasing needs of 3 of companys key suppliers. The spend with these suppliers is circa 10 million per annum. This role does not require any management of staff, however Management of suppliers and their priorities is paramount.
Liase with suppliers to ensure on-time, in full deliveries. Resolving issues and managing priorities accordingly.
Act as the focal point between relevant suppliers and your company internal customers.
Communicate all significant issues upwards through the management chain and advise of actions taken.
Fully support Operations in the achievement of production targets. Ensuring that all potential shortages are well managed.
This should not be considered an exhaustive list of the duties of the position, it is meant to give a general Description of what the main duties are, recognising the successful incumbent may be required to support the  business in other areas as is seen to be necessary or relevant at given point.
Candidate skills & requirements
- Proven track record in Supply Chain or closely related area.
- Advanced negotiation and influencing skills.
- Excellent analytical, numerical and planning skills.
- Demonstrable experience of managing and developing Supplier relationships.
- Demonstrated experience of operating at all levels of an organisation and within a project team.
- Experience in managing change and overcoming resistance to change.
- Previous management of Supplier schedules operational procurement.
- Wide industry knowledge an advantage.
- Proven experience with MRP systems and stock replenishment methods and IT literate.
- Proven experience within a production control system in either a lean manufacturing environment or
- Planning/Purchasing arena.
- CIPS/affiliation preferred.